Scotland on Tap logo


Problem with your Supplier?

If you are a business customer and wish to make a complaint about your water supplier, you must first go through the company’s formal complaints procedure.

Making a complaint

If you are unhappy with the outcome of your water supplier’s complaints process, and you have a final decision letter from them, then you may have your complaint reviewed by the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO). The SPSO is the final stage for complaints about public services in Scotland and their service is independent, free and confidential.

You can contact the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman at:

Freepost SPSO (this is all you need to write on the envelope, and you don't need to use a stamp)

Telephone: 0800 377 7330 or 0131 225 5300

If you would like to visit in person, please call 0800 377 7330 to arrange an appointment.

Scottish Public Services Ombudsman
Bridgeside House
99 McDonald Road

The SPSO are open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9am-5pm; Tuesday 10am-5pm



We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.